During the summer months I love to grab a delicious lobster roll and sit out in the sun to enjoy it. On the downside, lobster is quite expensive so I thought up a great alternative and used rock shrimp, which is much cheaper! This recipe surprised me when I first attempted it, in that it was so easy and quick to make but still gave you that feeling of a tasty beachside, ocean meal.
– 1 pound rock shrimp
– Hot dog buns
– Handful of lettuce, chopped
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– Butter for buttering the buns
– 2 tablespoons of chives
– 1 lemon, for juicing
– Salt and pepper
1. Combine rock shrimp, mayonnaise, the juice of half a lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure to be gentle when stirring so that the shrimp stay in one piece.
2. Chop the chives into small bits and incorporate into the shrimp mixture.
3. Spread butter on both sides of the hot dog buns and toast until golden brown in a pan or on the BBQ.
4. Fill each bun with the delicious shrimp filling and enjoy this classic seaside treat!