Waking up at 7am for work seems to be a challenge for me every morning. I will somehow end up snoozing until 7:45 only to realize that I need to leave for work in a half hour. This time crunch would leave me with little or no time to grab anything remotely filling for breakfast, which would result with me having an empty stomach for most of the morning. If you feel the same way in the morning then have I got the perfect morning grab-and-go breakfast for you!
This recipe contains no sugar, no butter, and no white flour. These delicious, healthy, whole grain muffins are simple but can be combined with many different combinations of flavours to spice them up each time you make them. This recipe features blueberries, giving these muffins a burst of sweetness when biting into them.
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup bran flakes
– 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 2 large handfuls of blueberries
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup honey
– 3/4 milk
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Stir all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Beat the egg in a separate bowl and slowly whisk in the milk, honey, and oil until incorporated.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a batter forms.
4. Add in the blueberries and stir gently.
5. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin, either greased or lined with muffin papers, until about 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool, then slather a light layer of butter right on top of these delicious healthy treats!
Options. Substitute the blueberries for:
~Dried Cranberries and Walnuts
~Shredded Carrots and Diced Apples